Complimenting our existing screencasts on installing Ubuntu, this screencast shows installing Xubuntu, and covers:-
- Downloading the Xubuntu installation CD ISO image
- Installing Xubuntu using the live CD
- An overview of some applications installed with the Xubuntu desktop
- Installing Xubuntu using the alternate CD
- Resolving video card driver and resolution problems after an installation
- Customising the Xubuntu desktop
- Using some command line utilities to manage the system
Note: This screencast shows some use of the command line (terminal) in Xubuntu. If you are uncomfortable using the command line, then please seek additional assistance.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.