Submitted by Alan Pope on Wed, 2007-09-26 16:27.
In this screencast we look at updating the system with packages from Ubuntu repositories and upgrading systems from one release to another. We show:-
- Using Software Properties/Sources to identify repositories in use
- Updating packages on an Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper) system
- Upgrading from Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper) to 6.10 (Edgy) using Update Manager
- Upgrading from Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) to 7.10 (Gutsy) NOTE: Gutsy is currently under development so this is not recommended for production systems.
- Updating packages on an Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) system
Submitted by Alan Pope on Thu, 2006-12-07 14:28.